Tuesday 22 October 2013

Miss Representation Devices

Hey again, I`m sure I've gotten annoying by now. Anyways...

So, my topic was Appeal To Authority. Fun right? Anyways, appeal to authority is basically "Don't believe me? Well, than believe this person in a higher position." Sales commercials, magazines, and all that stuff we like use appeal to authority. Just the other day I was watching a move, that movie was called Miss Representation. While watching this movie I was supposed to find where this device, appeal to authority, comes into play. From what I think the entire movie is based on the appeal to authority device but I was supposed to come up with direct representation. Well, it isn't a quote or anything but at least it's something, the movie had used experts to say stuff.

6 comments:

  1. I liked your ideas and how you worded your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you almost talked to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you used a bit oh humour at the beginning of the post, and how you described "appeal to authority"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you set up your post and the way you explained everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how explanatory your post is, it fully explained to me what "Appeal to authority is" I also enjoyed how you mentioned how you rated the movie. and the awesome font on this page O . o

    ReplyDelete